My Etsy Shop

Friday, July 6, 2012

Better late than never…..

Yes, 2 weeks have gone by and I was supposed to post some more end of the school year projects. I am horrible. I know. But the summer is tough. We are usually out all day and night and the computer barely gets turned on. But the positive thing is that I have a ton of posts in my head that I can write when I do have the time!!

Christopher’s kindergarten teacher loves to fish. So I knew that I wanted to make her something ‘fish’ related. I had chipped in with rest of the class for a group gift, but wanted to do something extra for her since Christopher had such an amazing year.


I was shopping at Michael’s and came across these cute fish notepads. I picked them up and figured I would incorporate them into the gift.
DSC04612

Then I was at Marshall’s and saw these great fish tumblers…..
DSC04613

Now I knew I needed to make something with a fish. I thought a pillow would be fun. I made a fish applique for the pillow. I had Christopher then write her name on it and I hand embroidered it. I think it came out great!
DSC04616


The back….
DSC04618
I wrapped it all up and she loved it!!


Until next time, have a great weekend…..

3 comments:

Gina said...

That is sooooo cute! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the fall! This weather is way too hot for me!

Unknown said...

How FABulous Jen!! I love the stitching in his writing :)

You should incorporate some beachy pillows into your shop ~ they'd fly off your shelves...

Have an amazing weekend ~ stay cool!

Carol said...

so cute!!!