My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Aftermath and Happy Halloween…

Hello blogland!! Hope you are all well and safe today in the wake of Sandy. I don’t even know what to say about the whole situation. It is just devastating. In all my life I have never seen such a storm to hit here in NY. Living on Long Island has it’s advantages for sure, but when it comes to storms, living on an island is not ideal. We were very fortunate and blessed to come through this storm virtually unharmed. We prepared as we were told to and our house survived with just a few scratches. We did lose power Monday night but we do have a generator so we okay.

Those that were not as lucky as us, well, we can only hope and pray that their lives return to normal as quickly as possible. And although there was so much damage to property, the loss of life was minimal, thank God.

So, needless to say, the kids have been off since Monday. I am not sure when the schools will open again. But they are excited to be off today since it is Halloween. Now, I am just not sure what to do as far as Trick or Treating???  I am thinking that most people will not be in the mood to celebrate. I guess we will play it by ear. We did have 2 parties we had attended last Friday so we were able to get dressed up and at least wear our costumes then.

We decided to be the Wizard of Oz……
DSC04860

How cute are they??
DSC04863

And yes, I did make my Dorothy costume, right down to the red glitter shoes….lol!

See, now you know why I haven’t been blogging lately!

Have a safe and Happy Halloween….

1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

so glad that y'all weathered the storm okay, been thinking about you! love the halloween costumes, so cute:)