My Etsy Shop

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthdays…..

Hello, hello…..is anybody out there??  I know, I have vanished these last 2 weeks. Are you still reading?? It seems like I have been starting my last few posts with excuses for not blogging. But this time I have ‘real’ reasons for being so busy. You see, it was both of my boys’ birthdays last week. Yes, both kids within 5 days. By the way, did I ever tell you that I actually had the same due date for both of my kids? What are the chances of that happening?? LOL!  Anthony turned 3 and Christopher turned 6.


So, the simple fact that we have have celebrated 5 times so far and still have to have one more family party, well, it has simply worn me out! First there are the school parties and bringing in snacks for that. Then I took Anthony and a few of his little nursery school buddies to bounce house place and had a ‘mock’ party so Anthony thought we was having a celebration with his friends. Then, I had my family over to celebrate. Then we had a Chuck E Cheese party. And we still need to have my husbands side. Really?? How many times do we need to sing ‘Happy Birthday’?? LOL!


The boys wanted an ‘Angry Birds’ themed party but since we were having it at Chuck E Cheese, there were only so many things that we could do ‘Angry Birds.’  I went on Etsy and ordered an ‘Angry Birds’ party package where a designer designed all sorts of Angry Birds decorations….such as cupcake toppers and wrappers , Hershey wrappers, banners, food display signs, etc. She personalized it with the boys’ names and so all I needed to do was to print and cut out the pieces. Perfect. I also found a site where there was a free template for Angry Birds faces. Originally they were used for balloons, but I just shrunk them and used them on the goodie bags. All I did was cut out the faces and glue them on to colored bags.


Here are the goodie bags, I think they came out pretty good!
DSC04260

DSC04259

One of the items included in the goodie bag was a full size Hershey bar. I did not wrap the bar in foil first like I would normally do. I just used the wrapper since they are kids and they would just be tearing it off to eat the candy within seconds…lol!
DSC04262

DSC04264

And these are the cupcake toppers. I punched out the circles and just taped them to a toothpick and inserted into the cupcakes.
DSC04296


Ok…that’s it for today. Stop back tomorrow and I will show you some pictures from the party!!


Have a great day…..

3 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Totally understand the madness! We have a birthday on September 15th and then two birthdays on September 20th in this house! It gets crazy and with the three boys being a year apart, it's just easier to celebrate them all together.

Love the Angry Birds theme! I think that's what we're going to do this year!

Gina said...

LOVE these ideas! I'm going to have to steal them for when Matthew asks me for an Angry Birds party!

Carol said...

Looks awesome! You are such a good party planner! For favors at our party I let kids pick between a box of crayons or a matchbox car. LOL.