My Etsy Shop

Monday, August 30, 2010

Miscellany Monday...

Happy Monday everyone!! Hope you all had a great weekend. We did. The weather here in NY was just perfect, so we spend the entire weekend outside. We are trying to make the most of the last few weekends before school and before Christopher starts soccer. Well, here are my random thoughts for Miscellany Monday...

ONE. Why is it that even a 20 minute nap can keep my child up until 11:30pm?? And on top of the fact that he was up that late, he decides to have a crying fit thinking about some old, useless stuffed animals that we donated last week. He was crying that he wanted them back. Animals that he has never played with. Did I ever tell you all how much I HATE stuffed animals?? Patience was a virtue last night!

TWO. Here is what our boat cabin looked like yesterday. This is why my kid was up late....


THREE. I have decided that I really am enjoying sewing. I have a few projects that I am working on that I will be posting soon. Will I end up with an Etsy shop like every other mom blogger??

FOUR. There are some things in life that we cannot change. Some people that will never change. And we know this. Why is it that most of us still try to change the things we don't like, including certain characteristics in people??

8 comments:

Megan said...

Ugh, I hate stuffed animals too! They are pointless if you ask me! I love the picure of them all sleeping in the boat, how funny! I am just starting out sewing too and I am loving it!
Visiting from Misc. Monday!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... everyone is tuckered out from all the fun! ;) Sewing is something I wish I knew how to do!

Shannon said...

I wish I knew how to sew...maybe that's a hobby I should take up!

Funny how kids can go and go and go, even when their parents are about to crash! GG naps well but likes to have a power hour before bedtime at night. I don't know where she gets her energy!

Happy Monday!

LeeAnn said...

I want to come take a nap on your boat...out on the ocean...after sipping a few drinks. :-)

That is great that you're really enjoying sewing! You seem to be really good at it. You won't ever see me selling anything on Etsy...crafty I am not.

And I am so guilty of #4. I don't know why I care what other people do or how they act, especially when it doesn't affect me personally.

Have a great week!

Dorcas said...

I know what you mean with the little ones and naps and going to bed late. Mine no matter how late they go to bed they still are up at 6:30am. I know, it's nuts!

As for sewing I love to sew too. I wish I had a little more time. Maybe when these little ones get bigger.

Thanks for sharing your randomness. Have a great week!
~blessings

Dorcas

AllieMakes! said...

HAHA! A is the same way! If she starts to nod off in the car on errands, I about stop the car, get out and wake her. Cuz a 10 minute nap at 10am will have her up till midnight! I don't get it!
And My family calls me a Stuffed Animal Scrooge. I absolutely HATE them... At least having them around my house.
I'm glad you are going to try and like sewing! You will have fun!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh I cant wait to see the things your sewing! I think you would have a fabulous etsy! That picture is too cute!

Carol said...

That is one funny picture! Look at all the kids, and the big one too! It looks like they had a lot of fun!

I can't sew. The best I can do is hot glue fabric and pretend that I sewed it. Isn't having an etsy shop a sort of right of passage for mothers? LOL!