My Etsy Shop

Friday, August 6, 2010

My Beach Cover-Up and Linky Parties

So, I told you earlier in the week that we have just been so busy lately. I swear there are not enough hours in the day.  Gee, with all of this technology, you would think that someone would figure out how to make 30 darn hours in a day!! Anyway, besides from spending time outdoors this summer, I have also been working on my sewing skills. I wanted another beach cover-up since we are always at the pool or the beach. I bought some fabric from JoAnn's and went to work. Remind you, I have never really sewn before, other than those few summer dresses. And those were really simple, only 2 seams because the shirring on the top was already done. So...here is my cover-up...I think it came out pretty good, considering. The fabric is great because you can't see all of my crooked seams!

I drew a pattern on paper and copied it onto the fabric...


If you look close, you will see that it is not perfect..LOL!


I just happened to have this lace on hand from when I decorated the kids bassinets...






And now, for some Friday linky fun! Link up to meet some new bloggy friends at these great parties..




New Friend Fridays


Have a great weekend everyone.....

10 comments:

B said...

Wow! That turned out beautifully - great job!

Hannah said...

It turned out great! I would totally buy something just like that! Too cute!

Francis said...

You did a great job! Have a good weekend:)

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Great job! That is so cute!

Unknown said...

That's really cute! i love the lace you added at the bottom. Have a great weekend.

AllieMakes! said...

Jenn! This is AWESOME! You are fibbing when you say you are just learning to sew!

Shannon said...

I'm impressed! I can't even sew a button on a blouse! You are rockin' that cover up too girl! Go you!

LeeAnn said...

Well aren't you just quite the seamstress? We have to have my mom fix our clothes for us since I can't even sew a button back on a shirt, or fix a little tear. And of course it looks adorable on you too! I love it!

Carol said...

Good for you! That is so cute. My version of sewing involves my hot glue gun.

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

If you can make that cover-up you can make anything! It's awesome and I hope you wore it all the time on your vacation!! What kind of material is that? It's really pretty!
Jenny
www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com