My Etsy Shop

Monday, June 20, 2011

Teacher Presents…..

Happy Monday!! It is the official beginning of summer for us…YEAH!! Christopher had his graduation on Friday and it went really well. I did not cry at all…..I may have had a lump in my throat a time or two, but I held it together. I will tell you all about it in another post : )

Today I just want to share with you what we decided to do for Christopher’s teachers. The class mom had put out a note to all of the parents that she was taking up a collection to get a gift certificate for the teachers. I was going to do it but then decided instead of taking the easy way out, I would make them a gift. This was his last year at the school and one of his current teacher’s he has had before. So, I wanted to do something special.

Good old reliable Pinterest helped me out with a few cute ideas. This was my inspiration….
IMGP6642

I thought this was perfect since this year the kids really focused on handwriting and letters. What better way to showcase what he has learned??  The bags needed some color in my opinion so I changed them up a bit.

It was a simple, inexpensive project but it was a tiny bit time consuming. I just took a plain white tote and used some Sharpies to draw the lines to make it look like a sheet of paper. Next, Christopher used a pencil to draw a picture of the teacher and write her name. I then used embroidery floss to go over his work. Instead of black I used colored thread.

Here is what we ended up with…
IMAG0133
IMAG0134
IMAG0135

I filled the bags with some goodies and we were good to go!! The teachers loved them!!

Have a great Monday….

7 comments:

Gina said...

So cute!!! What a great idea! You are so creative and talented!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on graduation!

This is a fantastic idea and so adorable. You need to open an etsy shop and take orders..Please?!

Have a great week :)

Carol said...

So cute! What an awesome idea!

Big Fat Gini said...

That is so adorable! I'm going to have to go share this with some friends!

LeeAnn said...

OK, so you're the mom that makes all the other moms look bad! I am so glad my kids don't go to that school. :-P

Those bags are ADORABLE! I mean it! You are so creative. And the little gifts for the kids were super cute too.

Have a good week, my friend!

Jumping Jack said...

Those bags are adorable! I love your new blog design too! Happy Monday!

Alethia said...

What a cool idea!!