Well, yesterday I shared my birthday date night in NYC. I told you about the ‘cheat sheet’ I whipped out while the hubs and I were at dinner. Sometimes couples need a little help getting the conversation started so I thought I would share it with you. I thought it was great.
DATE NIGHT CHEAT SHEET
OVER DRINKS AND APPETIZERS
- Name 3 countries you would like to visit.
- Which celebrity annoys you most?
- How would you spend $1,000,000.
- If you could try out any occupation for one year, what would it be?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how cool are you?
OVER THE ENTRÉE
- If you could rewind any point in your past, what would you want to relive?
- How would you spend a perfect day alone?
- What is the most honest thing you have ever done?
- How would you like people to describe you at your funeral?
- What would you want us to do for the next 10 years if you knew they would be your last?
- Hollywood called and they want to make a movie about your life. Who would play you?
- Name something you love that no one else seems to like.
- What’s the one item you own that you know you should get rid of but never will?
- Name the one thing you miss about our dating days?
‘Miss Abigail’s 10 Commandments for Couples’
1. Men, always greet her with a kiss, especially when other people are around.
2. Women, be good listeners. Let him tell you all of his troubles.
3. Men, remember her birthday and your wedding anniversary.
4. Women, remember a man is only a grown up boy. He needs mothering and enjoys it if it is not piled on too thick.
5. Men, don’t be stingy with the money. Be a generous provider.
6. Women, don’t live beyond your means.
7. Men, don’t take love for granted. Remember your wife wants to be treated as your sweetheart always. She wants you to woo her.
8. Women, never hold up your husband to ridicule in the presence of others. If you must criticize, do so in private and without anger.
9. Men, remember, marriage is a 50-50 proposition and you are not the majority stockholder.
10. Women, don’t try to boss him around. Let him think he wears the pants.