My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home Tour Tuesday…

Wow….it is Tuesday again. And you all know what that means….Home Tour Tuesday. This week’s theme is ‘show us your tv room.’ When it comes to interior design….I have a problem. His name is Chris and he is my husband. He is the only man I know that needs to be involved in everything and it is very hard when we almost always disagree on style. I swear, my house would probably look totally different if I had more money and a husband who wasn’t such a pain in the neck…LOL!



On to my tv room….

We do not have a tv in our formal living room upstairs. We have a tv in our bedroom and so does Christopher. That means we need to go downstairs to the ‘den’ to watch tv together as a family. We spend a lot of time in the den since the kids playroom is down there too. We usually will go down after dinner and watch tv. The best is when we watch American Idol. The funny thing is that both Christopher and Anthony are totally into the show….we actually act it out during the commercials. Anyway, den used to be my hubby’s ‘man cave’ before we had kids.There is a dart board, a bar and even a game table. But now, the toys are slowly making there way out from the play room into the den…LOL!

The sectional down here is great…it is so comfy and all of the chairs recline!
DSC03105

We used to have a coffee table….but since the kiddos, we got rid of it.
DSC03104

On the other side of the room is a small kitchen, the bar, and the game table..along with a closet that is filled with toys! This whole area, including the playroom and a bathroom, used to be an apartment that we rented when we first bought the house. Since it was just the two of us then, we didn’t need the space. But add 2 kids and I don’t know what I would do without it!!
DSC03106

The other thing I love about this area is that there is a door to the backyard. In the summer months it is great that we can go outside, have parties and play…then come in to get a drink or use the bathroom and no one has to mess my upstairs!!
DSC03107

That's all folks....thanks for visiting….happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Gina said...

I like the idea of having a space that can accommodate outdoor guests - that kitchen and bathroom must be very convenient!!

Lindy said...

That would be so nice to be able to head right outside! What a neat space!

Shannon said...

Looks comfy and love the red! Thanks for linking up with us today, Jennifer, even if I was late with my own post! Finally got it up minute ago!

P.S. have the best photo for Fun Phone Friday...yay!

Hugs to you!

Big Fat Gini said...

Wow! I love that room! I think it's great to have the extra kitchen space that allows you to entertain outdoor party guests as well as accommodates snack time!

nomo wino daph said...

Ohhh I am all about the outdoor guests thing! Love it:)

Love that big couch, you have so much sitting room!

You crack me up about the hubby. I am thankful that mine likes to shop and has gooooood taste, LOL!

Thanks for linking up today-
I hope your day is blessed ♥

Kristy said...

That looks like a great space to have!! I would love a sectional, but we just don't have the room for it

Unknown said...

First of all...where's our warm weather?! What a tease....

What a great space! I love that you have a kitchenette and stuff ~ GREAT for entertaining. That space is gonna come in handy when your kids are teens ;-)

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

lovely!!!

We had to get rid of our coffee table also after kids came along. And I remember thinking I would never be a parent that got rid of furniture just because I had kids, I would just teach them not to climb it or whatever. YEAH RIGHT. My first son started walking at 8 and a half months and the coffee table was the first thing to go!!

I love your couch, it look so comfy!

Carol said...

That's awesome. You have a house with 2 kitchens!!! That would make entertaining...especially kids, and, um teen-agers (in the future) so much easier!

AllieMakes! said...

How nice!! And I will be moving in shortly, lol!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Jen, wow, 2 kitchens!!! I am sure that really helps!! I really like all of the red accents, it really makes the room pop!!!

Karen