My Etsy Shop

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Monday…

Happy Easter Monday!! Not sure about other places, but here in NY most schools are still off as they celebrate ‘Easter Monday.’ So we have a day to rest and recover from the weekend’s festivities. But yes, this Easter break is feeling longer than ever! LOL! I am ready for Christopher to return to school on Wednesday : )

We had a nice day yesterday as we celebrated with my family. To our surprise the weather ended up being sunny and warm. That changed what my kiddos were wearing…lol. I had bought them nice long sleeved linen shirts and sweater vests….needless to say, those will be returned. But I will take the sun over nice Easter outfits any day.
DSC03483

We colored our eggs Saturday night. Now, the funny part is this. When we were kids my parents used hide the eggs that we had colored. We would find them and then eat them for breakfast on Easter morning. That is what we did…so that is what I am used to. The hubs’ family used to hide plastic eggs filled with money, candy and goodies. And apparently they did not eat the eggs that they colored. So, with our kids we are trying to do our ‘own’ thing. We colored the eggs, I ate them for breakfast and then we hid plastic eggs filled with candy. The hubs says I was tormented as a child for having to look for hard boiled eggs…LOL!

Here are our eggs. They were a little sad looking as it is way too hard for a 2 year old to try and color and decorate eggs!
DSC03460

I made a bunny cake to take to my sister’s house….it came out okay. It kind of stuck to the pan so I had to try and fix it….lol.
DSC03481

My sister Jeanna made a Hello Kitty cake as we celebrated her birthday and my niece's birthday. It came out really cute.
DSC03489
DSC03496

Needless to say, this is not Christmas. The kids went on an egg hunt in the house and at the end of the hunt they got a basket filled with candy and one toy. That is more than enough. Plus they got candy from my in-laws and my parents.

Do you think my kids are going to be on a sugar high all month???
DSC03505

10 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Holy cow, that's a ton of candy! It made me glad that my mom wasn't here this year and my mother-in-law sent cash instead. Seriously, that's what our candy bowl would look like right now.

I love both cakes! Super cute! I'm totally gonna try the bunny cake next year.

LeeAnn said...

Happy Easter Monday! I'm so glad you guys got some warm weather for Easter. The boys look absolutely adorable!!!

I'm with your husband regarding the hard boiled eggs. The thought of leaving hard boiled eggs out of the refrigerator for any length of time and then eating them grosses me out. He may even agree with me there. ;-) We didn't color eggs this year (basically because we did everything last minute this year) so maybe we'll try it next year. But I won't be hiding them. ;-)

And I am definitely with you on the whole "This isn't Christmas" thing. I have a friend that buys her kids crazy amounts of toys for Easter - big stuff too!

Have a great week!

Gina said...

Those cakes are too cute!!! I was surprised how warm yesterday was - better than the freezing weekend we had last week though!

nomo wino daph said...

CHECK UR MAIL!!!!!
I got my goody and I am in L O V E !!!
I am thrilled beyond words!

Ok, looks like y'all had a fun Easter....precious pictures.
Looks at all those goodies the bunny brought:)

I think the eggs are beautiful:)

xo

AllieMakes! said...

SO fun! My parents hid the hard boiled and dyed eggs. We would find them then make deviled or egg salad... Then one year we couldn't find that one egg.... Till literally 15 years later when they were moving. It was in the china cabinet. A porceline bell over top of it and well, the shelf, the egg and the bell went into the bin at that point! Anyways, I hide blown out eggs and little treat packages... We make egg breakfast each morning so, it takes a few weeks.... but I will be storing them carefully so they can be re-used!
Looks like you all had so much fun! The boys look ADORABLE!!!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Glad you had a great Easter and still enjoying your Monday at home with the kids!

Carol said...

And, this is the reason that school is out on Monday. The teachers want the kids to get the sugar out of their systems. LOL. Come to think of it, we used to find plastic & HB eggs when I was a kid. I can't remember if we ate them though....

I used to make a bunny cake for Easter, although I didn't do it this year. I guess maybe it would have been too hot to have the oven on in the house with no AC.

Glad you had a great Easter! The boys are adorable as usual!

Shannon said...

Wow, looks like the Easter bunny is quite generous in your family! Wonder if that Bunny comes this far South?

XO

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

They're are too cute!! My mom used to hide the boiled eggs also, and now as an adult I refuse to hide them. I have discovered plastic eggs and I think they are much more fun!! Lol I went very overboard with my kids Easter baskets and I'm pretty sure I made the mistake of treating it like muni Christmas. Oops. Next year I will control myself!
Wasn't the weather crazy? I actually complained I was too hot! Lol

Unknown said...

Happy belated Easter...they boys look so handsome! I'm with you, we hid the hardboiled eggs (although I did not eat them then...). The plastic egg full of cash & coin did NOT happen to me growing up!

How AWESOME is this weather?! I'll take humidity and fog if it's warm...I am truly scared of the 40 & 50's coming back ;-)