My Etsy Shop

Monday, July 11, 2011

To Etsy or not to Etsy….

Good morning!! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
Today I am in need of some advice. I have been thinking about this for a long time…..
etsy

I love shopping on Etsy. There are so many amazing items out there that are handmade. The creativity is so inspiring to me.  I love to create as well. It is so satisfying to see a project or an idea come to life.

My issue is this….I have been wanting to open an Etsy shop for a while now. But I can’t decide on what I want to sell. I love to sew but I also love to craft. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I have made a million and one things. From tutu’s and wipes cases to dresses, aprons and bow holders. I can’t decide on that I want my ‘niche’ to be.  I want to do it right and come up with a name, a logo and a product selection that is going to really brand me.

I need your thoughts on which items I should consider making. I think I need to focus on just a few items and not make it mish mosh of stuff. Once I get this going, then I will try to take it to the next level and do some craft fairs.


Thoughts or ideas?? Are there any items that you feel need to be on Etsy but you have a hard time finding? What are your favorite Etsy shops??


Thanks ladies and have a great day : )

3 comments:

Gina said...

Etsy is so full of girlie stuff - I say bring on the boy shops!! Tag blankets, burp clothes, wipe cases, bags, etc. - with boy themes (dinosaurs, puppies, lots of blues/browns).

I don't have a particular favorite shop but things I've bought include: Toy Story crayon rolls, dinosaur t-shirts, puppy theme snack bags, geometric ring sling, blue "pacifinder"

Check out Adorableblessings and Madasplace.

I think you'd do great - you have so much talent!!

Carol said...

I Lurve Etsy! In fact I am trying to convince my hubs that we should order a dining room table from Modern Rust on Etsy. Anyway - you can probably answer this question better than any of us. What do you like to make the most and what items can you achieve the highest quality on? Personally, tutu and bow shops are everywhere, i think it'd be hard to make your place in that mayhem...I would buy a purse organizer on etsy, but not sure you can build a whole shop around one item...

Tough call, girlfriend. I see your dilema!

LeeAnn said...

OMG too funny! I guess I should have caught up on your blog from oldest to newest. LOL

Everything you make is so awesome, so I can't possibly pick. I would say to start with the things you REALLY like to make, see if they sell, and if they do, make more. If they don't sell, make something else.

I definitely think that as it gets closer to the holidays, you should make gifts for teachers. I'll be your best customer! :-)