My Etsy Shop

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My handmade baby gifts….

Hello bloggy buddies! Hope you all are having a good week so far. Just wanted to do a quick post to share a few of the projects I have been working on.
This weekend I have a baby shower on Saturday and a bridal shower on Sunday. Talk about an expensive weekend…LOL!

For the baby shower I was just going to buy something off of the registry. I went shopping and wasn’t really too happy what I was finding. I ended up just coming home with a shopping cart cover!! So I decided to make a few things. I browsed Etsy for some ideas. Here are a few of the things I have made so far.

A bow holder…
DSC03109
We do not know what the baby’s name will be….so I could not do the ‘letter’ version of a bow holder. I saw this frame version and thought it was just as cute.
DSC03110

I also made a bib and burp cloth set. The front is a cute flannel fabric and the back is terrycloth. I just used a bib and burp cloth I had to trace the patterns. 
DSC03151
I added a cute butterfly to the bib.
DSC03153

Next, I did the ‘cupcakes’ that are made out of rolled washclothes and onesies. I found washclothes that had a speckled edge….which made it look like sprinkles…LOL! I bought a bakery box to put them in, added a fake strawberry on top and finished it off by decorating the box.
DSC03146
DSC03147
DSC03149

Linking up with my girl Allie….

Party Button


Stay tuned tomorrow for a few more projects and Phone Photo Friday! Have a great day!

12 comments:

Gina said...

So cute! You're very talented!

Lindy said...

cute cupcakes. We always do "diaper cakes" but I love your version. The presentation is great.

Jumping Jack said...

Wow! How creative are you?? I love that bow holder and the cupcakes are ADORABLE! I will be stealing that idea for when my nephew gets here next month! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely adorable! I have got to pull my crafty side out soon.

Shannon said...

Those cupcake onesies are adorable! I've seen that around but you did a fantastic job! Go you! She'll love it!

LeeAnn said...

Oh my gosh you are so creative! I love everything...especially that bow holder and the cupcakes. Seriously, your friend is going to LOVE that stuff. I have been looking for a holder for Rylie's flowers. Now if I only had the skills that you have. LOL

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

that bow holder is amazing! you could sell those! (if i had a girl i would buy one in a heartbeat!) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "cupcakes!" those are amazing! I bet your gifts are hit of the shower!

Jamie Rubeis said...

Okay...so you did an awesome! Handmade gifts are so much better than bought gifts! I always feel so inspired by posts like yours, but just dont have the time to do stuff like that!

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

Wow, these honestly look so professional! Great job!!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

I love that bow clip holder!!! And those strawberry cupcakes so cute!!!

Great job!!!

Carol said...

Holy cow you made a lot for her! It's a good thing you love to be crafty! I love the cupcake idea. I've made my share of diaper cakes, but this is new and super cute! I'm sure she was thrilled!

AllieMakes! said...

Jen! These are AWESOME! You did a GREAT job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com