My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And the winner is….

For those of you who are expecting a Home Tour Tuesday, well, we are on a slight hiatus this week. The girls, Shannon and Daphne, are both super busy this week and needed a little break. Hopefully we will be back in a week or two.

Now…the exciting news. I told you we were getting a new car last night. The lease was up on my Chevy Tahoe (which I loved) and so it was time to decide on what we wanted to drive for the next 3 years. The choices were….

- 2011 Ford Explorer
-2011 GMC Acadia Denali
-2011 Chevy Traverse

And the winner is……..
GMC ACADIA DENALI
DSC03139
DSC03140
DSC03142
DSC03143

I am so excited. We wanted something a little smaller this time so a crossover was a good option. We all know gas prices are outrageous! We need it to be able to tow the boat as well as roomy enough for our family to take on vacations. The GMC was the best value for the money. It has all of the bells and whistles. It comes with OnStar, a car phone, leather, IPod docking station, Bluetooth and so much more!!

You are going to laugh when I tell you I haven’t even driven it yet. The hubs is the one that took it for a test ride and he drove last night when we picked it up. To tell you the truth, I am glad I will be driving it alone for the first time. Chris is overly cautious, especially with a new car, and he would have probably made be nervous!

So, thanks to my great hubby for being an awesome provider and allowing my to have such nice things!

Now….I have a going to ‘play’ with my new car and get moving on a few projects. I have a bridal shower and a baby shower this weekend and I have been making some gifts for both. I will hopefully have some pics to show you tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday…

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Good for y'all! We test drove this before deciding on the Acura...such a fun car to drive!

Enjoy your newest toy!

Momma Wilson said...

yay for new cars! we're getting my baby hauler at the end of this month and I'm so excited!

Big Fat Gini said...

Awesome! I hope you really, really enjoy it!

LeeAnn said...

Congrats on the new car! Very nice! I love the color of the woodgrain or marble or whatever that is in the center console. Have fun!

Jumping Jack said...

Yay! Congrats on the new car! It's so nice and I LOVE that color!

AllieMakes! said...

How fun! New car smell... If I could smell anything tight now, lol! And I LOVE the Red! Have fun!

Jamie Rubeis said...

NICE RIDE!!!!! Your hubs is pretty awesome!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

sweeeeeet ride!!

Carol said...

AWESOME! My friend Liz wants to trade in her BMW for one of these! It's beautiful. Congrats on the new car - very exciting. I hope you can keep the kiddos from dropping cheerios & goldfish in it :)