My Etsy Shop

Friday, March 4, 2011

Phone Photo Friday and more gifts….

Happy Friday!! We have such a busy weekend that I know it is just going to fly by and it will be Monday before I know it. Between 2 showers, a birthday party and acting class…my brain is hurting already : )

To continue quickly from yesterday’s post with my handmade baby shower gifts, I have 2 more items to share with you.

Here is another bib and burp cloth set. I found this fabric on the clearance rack at JoAnn’s and just loved the saying. I didn’t know what else to do with it…..so I took the easy way out…LOL!
DSC03155
DSC03156
DSC03157

Next, I made a matching wipes case and ''ouch pouch’…(yes, this is my version..LOL).
DSC03158
This was my first attempt at covering a wipes case. It came out ‘okay.’ I wasn’t too pleased. Seems as though I am in need of a new hot glue gun because it really wasn’t as clean and neat as I would have liked it to be. But….it is the thought that counts, right? I filled the zippered pouch with a few first-time mom essentials…hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, a First Aid kit and a thermometer.
DSC03161

I still have more things to show you. I am saving the best for last…so check back on Monday.

And now for a few photos….




I take my kids to the library at least once a week. We have a great ‘kid’s’ section with books, toys, DVD’s and even Wii and DS games. It doesn’t help that I am always late returning things and usually spend more money in late fees than the cost of the items…LOL! Here is Christopher deciding on what book to borrow…..

Note….the mismatched clothes were his idea!


And here is Anthony cutting at the kitchen table. This is his new thing…all he wants to do it cut. I am glad he is getting used to holding the scissors and using his fine motor skills.



Grab our button, link up and show us what you are snapping with the phone of yours : )

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


Have a great weekend everyone…..

7 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

omg, your handmade gifts are so cute!!! you did an awesome job!

Shannon said...

I love that fabric! Good job! Your friends are going to be so excited!

LeeAnn said...

OK, you seriously need to open up an Etsy shop and sell your creations! I'm not even kidding.

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Pam @ The Journey Leads Home said...

I love your homemade gifts. The pouch is adorable! I WANT ONE!! you should do a giveaway with one of those. I would enter 100 times.

Anyway, I am a Phone Foto Friday participant. I enjoy your blog very much.

Have a fun weekend with the showers.

Pam @ The Journey Leads Home

Pam @ The Journey Leads Home said...

FYI - for some reason, the link I posted for my entry was a link to the DRAFT instead of the regular post. So, I'm not sure if it will work or not. The regular link to the post is http://thejourneyleadshome.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/in-a-word-college/ in case it needs to be corrected.

Sorry about that.

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

oh I love that fabric!!! those look like some awesome gifts!!

Carol said...

The ouch pouch is AWESOME! I was just thinking that I need something like that to keep in my truck. Now that summer is coming and skinned knees are inevitable, that would really be convenient! Do you take paypal?