My Etsy Shop

Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Happenings….

As you all know, we had a very busy weekend!! I am glad it is over and feel
a big sigh (…ahhhhhh) of relief.

Saturday was the baby shower….you know, the one where I was making a hundred gifts…LOL! I have to say, I am not very close with the girl who is having the baby (she is the hubs’ cousins wife). The hubs kept saying to me ‘why are you putting so much effort into her gifts…..you are not even that friendly with her.’ But I wanted to do it…partly for me as I learn and love to craft and sew, but also because I wanted people to see that you can really make beautiful things yourself.

The last of the handmade gifts are my favorite. I had never made a tutu before but just think they are so cute, so I tried it. I was really happy with the way it came out.
DSC03167
I had found the pink onesie but it had a graphic on it. I decided to cover the graphic with this zebra print heart and bow. And I saw the pink leggings for $1 at Marshall’s!! They were perfect to complete the outfit.

I had some extra fabric from a previous project (look familiar Shannon??) and thought I would make a tag blanket. I made it a bit bigger than the usual taggie.
DSC03169
DSC03170

I was nervous when I got to the shower that she wasn’t going to like what I made. But I have to say…..she was super excited and so was everyone else. It made all of my hard work worth it : )

Look at all of these gifts…
DSC03175

Here is Nicole opening some of my presents….
DSC03204
DSC03213

And, yes, we made her a bow hat and a bow bra…..
DSC03231

Me and my husband’s cousins….
DSC03179

So….I won’t show you all of the pics from the bridal shower on Sunday…..but I will tell you that we make hats for baby showers and bridal showers….LOL!
DSC03241

One last photo to share….here is my mom (underneath me….yes, her hair is way too big..LOL) and 2 of my sister’s. My 3rd sister couldn’t make it. But it was nice to spend some time with ‘just the girls.’
DSC03234

Here is to a wishing both girls lots of love and happiness!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am loving the tutu. So is my 5year old. She wants me to make one like it now, lol. {too bad I can't sew}

Big Fat Gini said...

And I thought Southerners knew how to throw a shower.

Wow!

Your gifts are super cute! I think it's really sweet that you're willing to put so much effort into gifts for other people. It says a lot about your character (and in a good way)!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

that tutu outfit is awesome!!! I love how you made it into a whole adorable outfit! You're mom looks too young to have 4 adult daughters, wow!!!

Shannon said...

Holy cow! I have NEVER seen so many presents! That's awesome for her!

Yes, my friend that taggie blanket looks so familiar! I love it and so would GG. We know own 5! After loosing two we found them, of course only after I bought two new ones! Oh well, we've got extras now!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Hugs, girlie!

Carol said...

I wish I could channel just an ounce of your craft skill! I've done the tutu thing before and that's a lot of fun! You have such a big heart, Jenn, you really did a lot for her.

Your comment about your momma's hair is hilarious...really, it's not that big, I think they do it bigger in TX! She's gorgeous, you've got good genes there, sister!

LeeAnn said...

Holy presents! And I thought there were a lot of presents at the baby shower I went to. How long did it take her to open them?

The tutu is too cute! I'm so glad she liked all of her gifts.

Leggings for $1? I need to find those, since that is all Rylie wants to wear right now!

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures and looks like such a fun time! Man I want some of those presents! Even if they are baby items and I'm not having a baby....I just like opening gifts.