My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday and Turkey Game

Thanksgiving celebration at Christopher's school......

                                                                                                                          

I did a gues post over at my friend Allie's yesterday. In case any of you missed it I thought I would share it with you. It is a Thanksgiving game that the kids and I put together that we are going to play at our house this year. We always have an issue with saying grace before our meal. I guess everyone is afraid of public speaking and no one wants to say it. I am hoping this little game will help break the ice.

First, I had my sons trace their hands. Of course, we are making turkeys : ) I made enough hands so that there would be enough for all of our guests. Then the kids colored them and I cut them out.

I then flipped over the turkeys and wrote a question on the back of each.  Some examples of questions are..
1. Which season do you appreciate the most and why?
2. What invention are you most thankful for?
3. What are you thankkful for everyday?
4. What two items in your home are you most thankful for?

After that, I grabbed a glass vase and placed all of the turkeys in there. I was going to just place a festive bow on the front. But then my son Christopher came home with this turkey that he made in school.


I decided to tape it to the front of the vase. You can really decorate the vase however you want. You don't even have to use a vase. Any bowl or box would work fine too.


Now, anyone that wants to eat my Thanksgiving meal is going to have to pick a question from the vase and answer it. It will be a great way to get everyone to express some sort of thanks. And I am sure my kids are going to get a kick out seeing everyone holding one of their hands!

Have a great Turkey Day!


4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That is such a neat idea!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you and your family have a wonderful dinner!

AllieMakes! said...

Thanks for posting for me :) This is a fabulous project. I think that we will be morphing it for Christmas this year... Cuz we all need to be more thankfull all year round...

Unknown said...

That is an awesome idea. I may have to try something like that next year.

Carol said...

What a great idea! We'll have to do something like this next year.