My Etsy Shop

Monday, November 29, 2010

Miscellany Monday...

Happy Cyber Monday everyone! I am sure that blogland is going to be S-L-O-W today because everyone is shopping : )  I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I know we did. Now, on to some random musings.....

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


ONE. I will start off telling you that Thanksgiving was hectic, fun, long and that I think I gained 5 lbs. this weekend. I played hostess to my hubby's family...I pretty much cooked everything. Boy, hosting is alot of work. It takes 2 days to clean your house, hours to prepare and cook and then hours to clean again after everyone leaves. All for 5 hours on Thanksgiving Day. I would not change it though. Spending time with family and making memories is all worth it. I was too busy to snap some shots. Here is all I got....

The boys waiting for our guests to arrive...

My turkey (my FIL was just starting to cut it, so don't mind the torn skin)...it looked good when it came out, I swear!

Anthony and I at the end of the night.....hot, tired, stuffed and ready for bed!

TWO. As happy as I was at how nice Thanksgiving turned out, I was even more ecstatic about my nails. Remember I told you that I took off my acrylics last week and got the gel laquer??? I am in love. My nails are usually very weak after taking off artificial nails and I would have to use products for months to get them back to healthy. I had acrylic on because the polish chips in a day on natural nails. Well, this is not the case with gel laquer. The process took a little longer than I thought, but it was well worth it.  After cleaning, cooking and everyday dish washing....there has not been one chip in my polish in a week!!
Wow...these pics make my hands look stubby....LOL!

THREE. I do not know if everyone is aware of a great website where Santa sends your kids a personlized email. Yes, I know, Santa is emailing these days. It is called http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/. We did it last year and again this year. You plug all of your child's info into the sheet as well as upload some pics. It takes a few minutes but it is well worth your time. Christopher was over the moon when he opened his over the weekend.

FOUR.  One more thing while we are on Santa. What do you tell your kids as far as presents and others are concerned. I mean, does your child think that Grandma and Grandpa buy him presents on Christmas too? Or does Santa leave presents at their house for your child??  I am not sure what I should be telling Christopher. I want him to learn the spirit of giving and us buying things for others, but is he going to get confused??

6 comments:

Karen At Home Blog said...

Thanks Jennifer for signing up for our ornament exchange! It's going to be a lot of fun!

BTW, I love the new haircut, did you cut it shorter? It looks great. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving with the family!

Karen

LeeAnn said...

I love your Monday posts...I can comment with a list! LOL

One. See why I don't ever host Thanksgiving? That is way too much work for me! ;-) Plus, I'm not really good at multi-tasking while I'm cooking. Something would get burned and hopefully it wouldn't be my whole house! But it sounds like you guys had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Two. Your nails look great! But forget your nails because no one will be able to get past that beautiful ring to even pay attention to them!

Three. I might just have to take 10 minutes out of my day and check that out. Now, where can I carve a 10 minute block?

Four. I think Santa only comes to your house. And then other people buy presents for you, just like you buy presents for other people. That is probably easy enough to explain.

Have a great week!

Hannah said...

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am excited that you love your nails, I am going to have to try that!

We tell our boys that their Grandparents, parents and family buy them gifts, and that Santa drops off presents at our house too for them. The majority of the presents are from Santa while one or two may be from mommy and daddy!

*Kelly* said...

Thanks for the nail tip. My nails are picked to the core. I will check out that email from Santa site. My kids love that stuff!!

Carol said...

We did that Santa email thing last year and Camdyn loved it! We'll have to do that again this year.

Your nails do look fabulous. I haven't had paint on my nails in years. How does that work? Is it painted on like nailpolish, or is it thick like acrylic? I know nothing about gel.

Santa comes to our house, but then we give and receive gifts with others. I'll have Cam pick ONE friend from school to buy a special something for, and we'll keep it a secret because I don't want her to expect anything from the other child. That's how we teach that it "feels good" to give to others.

Shannon said...

Holy kamoly! Look at that ring bling! Wooowhew, lady!

Love that nail polish color!

Looks like y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving...love the photo of y'all all stuffed and worn out. That's how Turkey Day is supposed to end right?