My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some sewing projects....

CreativeShareWednesdays
 



Party Button




I saw these really cute aprons a few weeks back in the Lakeside Collection catalog. By the way, if you have never shopped with them before, they have some really cute things and they are quite inexpensive. Anyway, I was going to buy these just because I thought they were so 'mommy diva.' Then I thought about it and decided I was going to make them myself.



I head to JoAnn's and bought some fabric. Since these were my first one's, they are not perfect. I think I am going to make a few more and hopefully they get better as I go. I think they will make great Christmas gifts.
Here is my version....

I made the body of the apron black thinking it will hide any splatters that you might get on there. Then I wanted to add the shoe detail but it really wasn't showing up great on the black background. So I placed in on pink and then added a little decorative ribbon around it.


After making this one, I decided to try another one for my mother-in-law. My kids call her Grandma Kitty since she has 2 cats (they call my mom Grandma Doggy since she has a dog..LOL). Instead of adding a cute little shoe, I added a cat.


And here is my mother-in-law wearing her new apron...


I went back to JoAnn's to look for some more shoe appliques and they were all gone. I searched a million stores and found nothing. I resorted to ordering a few online. Now I can get started on some more aprons...LOL!

Who says you have to look like a Granny when you are cooking??? Now I might even want to cook...




12 comments:

Carol said...

I wish I had your skill, Jennifer! My version of sewing involves a hot glue gun and some duct tape.

These look fabulous and homemade/one of a kind gifts are the very best kind!

Sarah Ann said...

Well aren't you crafty?! Love it!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Those aprons are so cute! You are amazing. I have an apron that has a lighter fabric, and it certainly does stain. Kudos for you in using a darker fabric.

Blessings to you!

LeeAnn said...

Those are absoulutely adorable!!! Good thing I don't cook or I would be sending you my address so you could mail my Christmas present to me. ;-)

AllieMakes! said...

Those are adorable! Excellent job! I have been searching for those appliques to here, and they aren't available :(

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

These are soooo stinkin cute:)

Blessings,
Linda

Christmas is right around the corner…hop over to enter my gift card GIVEAWAY…WIN some Christmas cash!

Alethia said...

Yor blog is waay to cool! I saw your apron on Sew Much Ado~ I love it!

Lisa said...

Very cute! I love the little accents! And the black is great for hiding your mess too!

LBT said...

So, so, SEW cute! You did a great job and I really love your choice of fabric.
Found you from Trendy Treehouse link party! Come check out LBT when you get a chance. Thx!!!
Angelene
LBT
http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Good job, girl! What's next in line for you...an Etsy shop?

Jami said...

Adorable! I love them. I saw those aprons in the catalog and had the same thought, but I never did anything about it. :( Good for you! You are welcome to stop by and link this up to my Theme Party because even though they aren't "Christmas" aprons, they'd make great Christmas gifts!

Naturally Carol said...

I have been making aprons for Christmas presents too, great minds think alike! Great job.