My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday....My Peaceful Place

It is Tuesday again and time for another edition of.......






This week the theme is 'My Peaceful Place.' I am not going to lie, I really don't have too many places in my home that are considered to be 'peaceful.' With 2 kids and a hubby, does any mom ever truly have peace? Sometimes I wish I did have a place where I could just escape it all. But, the reality of it is, this hectic life is mine and without the noise and craziness, I wouldn't be happy : )

So, here are two place that I like to relax. And you have already seen them both. The first is outside in our yard. We have a really nice, big pond in the back with koi fish. I love to sit outside, especially at night, and just listen to the sound of the water. Of course, my hubby did all of the landscaping and did the pond from scratch and that makes it more special. I can't find the rest of pics, so this will have to do. And I can't take a picture now as it is covered in leaves...LOL!

I bought this lounger over the summer. The pic above is the stock picture. I guess I never got around to taking photos of my own. But I love to sit here, next to the pond, and just relax.


The second place I like to go to escape is here....
This is my sewing area. When I am down here, I am alone. No kids and no hubby. It is quiet and I can just sit and create. Here is where is truly is the most 'peaceful.'

But, someday I told my hubby I want this....

A cozy little cottage in the woods. Just for me. Obviously that is not me in the picture, but I can see myself standing out front, couldn't you? This would really be my 'peaceful' place.
 
Have a great day....


7 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like one of those "mini houses" that are all the rage! Very cute!

Carol said...

Ahh, I think you got that right. It's so hard for moms to have a place to escape and relax. My place of escape is usually my bed and it's the only place where I really relax.

Big Fat Gini said...

OH! I love it! Your hubs did a fantastic job on the landscaping...it's beautiful.

And, I'm totally stealing your idea for the cottage. I need one. Desperately.

LeeAnn said...

I love the pond! It looks so relaxing. Your husband really did a great job!

Shannon said...

So jealous of your backyard. Our lot is the size of a postage stamp without much space to spread out. Hoping to one day have a nice sized yard especially since GG loves to play outside. Thanks for linking up, friend. I can ALWAYS count on you for support! Oh and your sewing table looks good. I hope to ALSO one day have a craft room...so many wishes so little money, right?!

Love that we have all put...peaceful place...what's that! We're all moms! Haha!

Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday!

nomo wino daph said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE iT!!!

Thanks for playing along with Shannon and I.

Join me tomorrow {its already up actually} for {semi} wordless wednesday!!

Hope your night is great:)

Krebster said...

Love the cottage dream. What would you fill it with? It sounds like Virginia Wolf's "A Room with a View" doesn't it?