My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday and Guest Posting

Okay ladies...two more days until Thanksgiving. Are your homes starting to smell like pumpkin pie? Mine is not. I am so behind. I have been a slacker this year. I am usually much more prepared. But I know it will all get done. It always does : )

First off, I am so thankful to be guest posting over at my friend Allie's. She is amazing. I have a little Thanksgiving game that I am sharing with her readers. Stop by and check it out.



Site Button 200



Today I am also linking up over at my friend Shannon's for Home Tour Tuesday. The theme today is 'two things around your house you are thankful for.'





The first thing I am thankful for is this....
Yes, it is a doorknob. A few months ago we were doing some painting around the house and making some minor upgrades. One of the things we changed were the interior room doors. Well, we did not have doorknobs on for a very long time. My hubby has finally started to replace them! I never realized how important a doorknob could be. We all know that as a mom we never have any time alone, even in the shower or the bathroom. Well, I have come to the conclusion, that I need a bathroom doorknob! I want to lock the door and have 5 minutes to myself. Now I am going to take that time since I have a doorknob that locks. Thank you Pella.

The second thing I am thankful for is this...
This is the rocker that I have used with both of my kids. It reminds me of all of the time I have spent, and still do spend, sitting with my boys on those late nights. The nights when they were sick or teething. Or just wanted their mama. I know that Anthony is getting bigger and I will probably not be spending as much time in this chair in the months to come. But I am thankful for the time and memories this chair has brought to our family. I will treasure them and keep them close to my heart forever. Thank you Babies R Us.

I am going to sneak in a few pictures of my kitchen since I missed posting it last week on Home Tour Tuesday. Remember, my husband remodeled it all by himself. It is not a big kitchen, but I love it.




Hope you all have a great day....

10 comments:

LBT said...

What a gr8 job on the kitchen! I love the dark counter tops!!! Very nice. And your sweet little rocker looks so comfy. I hope your boys will want to rock in it with you for a very long time, at least until they have girl friends. ;) So true about the door knobs, too. Even though we are renting that was one of the things we couldn't stand was the old knobs. We had the same thing going on (knobless doors) for a little while...it's pretty frustrating. Glad you have yours (and thus 5 mins of sanity) back!

Have a gr8 day!!!

Angelene
LBT
http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

nomo wino daph said...

Thanks for playing along! It's nice to meet you:)

I love your door knobs and that rocker brought tears to my eyes. I used one that was an antique and been passed through my husbands family. NOW I MUST FIND IT!! God only knows who has it but soon it shall me be mine! LOL

Have a great day!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i too never took for granted my kids rocking chair....i don't know what i would have done w/o it!

Sarah Ann said...

what a sweet rocker! :) lovely

Big Fat Gini said...

OH! Love the color of the walls in your kitchen. We also have the same doorknobs! It must be fate!

Shannon said...

Love that you mentioned the rocker...I should've done that...Lawdy knows it helped me through many late and sleepless nights! Your kitchen is beautiful too! Glad you posted that! How cute are you to be so thankful for your new doorknobs? It is really about the little things isn't it?!

I am off to check out your friend's blog now and your guest post! How neat for you!

Have a great Tuesday, friend!

Terri said...

I dunno know about the doorknob thing. Closing and locking the door doesn't work around here. If it's not someone knocking or talking thru the door, then it's one of the dogs sniffing under the door or whining cause they want in!

AllieMakes! said...

First, THANK YOU for posting for me today!
2nd: When doors get locked, little fingers appear and a little voice says: What's going on in there?!
3rd: I'm in love with your kitchen! It is beautiful! Have Chris head this way to do ours, please!

Hannah said...

Wow, your hubby did a great job on the kitchen! I so understand how you feel about the doorknobs and how much you miss them when they are not there. In our last house when we were remodeling my husband put them on last and it was such a pain not having them! I have totally been a slacker too, I am going to end up having to make my dishes at my moms house if I keep this up LOL!

Carol said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

I love that you are thankful for your Rocker. I love mine too. I bought a traditional wooden rocker when I was pregnant with Camdyn. I wanted a piece of furniture that I could keep forever and pass down to my girls. It will always be the chair that I rocked my babies in.