Well, since I just saw this post late last night, you are not getting a glimpse into my kitchen (you were supposed to post pics of your kitchen and also share a Thanksgiving recipe). I was way too tired to post pics. I will say I have a rather small kitchen but I love it because we remodeled last year and my hubby did it all. That makes it an even better place to hang out since it was a labor of love. So, instead I am sharing a quick and fun cookie project that the kids will love. We did it last year (the pics below are from last year) and I am planning on doing it again this Thanksgiving. They are turkey hand cookies.
(Note that I did not have the correct colors to decorate my cookies last year. This year my turkey's will not have pink feathers...LOL.)
It is super simple.
1. Trace your child's hand on a piece of cardboard. Be sure to have them spread their fingers wide as they enlarge during baking.
2. Next, buy a package of your favorite sugar cookie dough.
3. Roll it out on a floured surface.
4. Place the cardboard cut-out on the dough and cut around the hand shape with a knife. You will need to re-roll the dough a few times so you can continue to cut out the shape.
5. Bake according to package directions. Let cool.
6. Use your favorite colors of decorator's icing to decorate your turkey. Be sure to dab some icing under the candy corn for the beak and a chocolate chip for the eye.
You can now share them with your guests on Thanksgiving : )