My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Tuesday Linky PARTY...

Today I am linking up at my friend Shannon's for the first ever Home Tour Tuesday. It sounds like a fun new linky party and of course I want to support one of my favorite bloggers : )






Well, since I just saw this post late last night, you are not getting a glimpse into my kitchen (you were supposed to post pics of your kitchen and also share a Thanksgiving recipe). I was way too tired to post pics. I will say I have a rather small kitchen but I love it because we remodeled last year and my hubby did it all. That makes it an even better place to hang out since it was a labor of love. So, instead I am sharing a quick and fun cookie project that the kids will love. We did it last year (the pics below are from last year) and I am planning on doing it again this Thanksgiving. They are turkey hand cookies.

(Note that I did not have the correct colors to decorate my cookies last year. This year my turkey's will not have pink feathers...LOL.)

It is super simple.
1. Trace your child's hand on a piece of cardboard. Be sure to have them spread their fingers wide as they enlarge during baking.
2. Next, buy a package of your favorite sugar cookie dough.
3. Roll it out on a floured surface.
4. Place the cardboard cut-out on the dough and cut around the hand shape with a knife. You will need to re-roll the dough a few times so you can continue to cut out the shape.
5. Bake according to package directions. Let cool.
6. Use your favorite colors of decorator's icing to decorate your turkey. Be sure to dab some icing under the candy corn for the beak and a chocolate chip for the eye.

 You can now share them with your guests on Thanksgiving : )

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Thanks so much for linking up! I really appreciate it! Yes, Daphne and I will work on getting the word out sooner about the upcoming topics...Monday just isn't enough time! These cookies are cute!

nomo wino daph said...

Hey!! Thanks for linking up:)

Cookies are too flippin cute-
Have a great day!

Big Fat Gini said...

Cute cookies! I think that will be a project to take on with the boys next week while Grandma is here!

I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get to see your fabulous kitchen floor again.

Miss Janice said...

LOve those darling cookies! Don't feel bad...my post is only about the dinner I prepared last night:)

LeeAnn said...

That sounds like a cool blog hop. Too bad my house is in the state it is in...no way am I posting pictures of that mess. LOL You will need to show us pictures of your remodled kitchen one of these days.

Cute cookies. There is nothing wrong with pink feathers. ;-)

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Those are so cute. I bet my daughter would love to do them as well. Thanks for the recipe, seems easy enough.

AllieMakes! said...

Those cookies sound super fun! Aubrynne is going to love making those!