My Etsy Shop

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend Part 1...

Yeah...Halloween is over!! I know I shouldn't say that, but I feel like we have been celebrating Halloween for the entire month. We had a great weekend and I hope you all did too. I will start you with Friday first. I may have to tell you about Saturday and Sunday tomorrow : )

Friday. Christopher had school as usual. I know I have mentioned before that his Pre-K is a little on the stricter side. No real 'parties', just healthy snacks, etc., etc. So, what they did was make cat costumes in class. Then they invited the parents back for a parade just before the day was over. They marched around and sang songs. It was really cute.



After school we came home and had a quick snack and changed to get ready for more Halloween activities. The place where I take Anthony for a gym class had a Halloween open play. Of course we had to go. Any opportunity where Christopher can where a costume, he jumps on it. He was Batman and Anthony was the Incredible Hulk. They ran around and played and had tons of fun.



Saturday. We had soccer in the early afternoon and then on to a Halloween party at my friend's house. She hosts an annual kiddie party and does a great job. There is plenty for the kids to do. They decorate pumpkins, do a scavenger hunt, play games, eat and just have good old fun. Oh, and I wore my costume to the party. Remember I told you that I made my Robin costume. Well, this is the one I was going to buy. It was a little to sexy and way to expensive.
Here is the version that I made. Much more conservative and only costs $7!!
I bought a red shirt at JoAnn's for $2. I then bought some green and yellow satin fabric as well as black pleather. I sewed the skirt and belt to the shirt and then just added the pleather circle and the belt buckle. I painted on the 'R' and also made wrist cuffs. To close them, I just sewed on a button and hair rubberbands. And viola....a Robin costume.

You will have to wait until tomorrow for the rest of the Saturday party pics and Sunday trick-or-treating. I am to exhausted after this long weekend to write anymore : ) 

4 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

I feel that way too. Like we've been celebrating non-stop. But, I feel that way with every holiday, which is why I'd be completely happy if we just didn't celebrate at all.

Your boys are ah-dor-able! And, I love your costume, too!

LeeAnn said...

I was so glad when Halloween was over. We only celebrated that weekend, but it was a busy weekend.

I love the cat costumes. Too funny. And the HULK? The cuteness kills me every time with that kid!

I'm glad you guys had a great weekend!

AllieMakes! said...

Oh my SO cute Bat-man and Hulk and Robin! The Robin turned out FABULOUS! Excellent job!
I am SO glad Halloween is over but at the same time sad that there are no more dress up holidays for another year!!

Carol said...

Wow. You are so resourceful! I love a good home-made costume! I made my costume & chloe's, although no sewing was involved! LOL.